OUR AIM: The core purpose of the school
To transform the life chances of all our students.
OUR LBTS5 VALUES: These guide all our thinking
Achievement: To unlock the potential in all students so they can achieve in all aspects of school.
"There is no magic to achievement. It is really about hard work, choices and persistence" Michelle Obama
Aspiration: To support our students to aim high in all that they do
"Let's make our future now and let us make our dreams tomorrow's reality" Malala Yousafzia
Resilience: To support the development of all our students into healthy, confident, independent adults.
"I never lose. I either win or learn" Nelson Mandela
Responsibility: To ensure that all students make a positive contribution both now and in the future.
"You must be the change you wish to be in the World" Mahatma Ghandi:
Respect: To ensure that all are treated fairly particularly in regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
"I was brought up to believe that people were different but equal and that I should treat everyone with the same respect" Malorie Blackman
OUR ETHOS: The character of our school
Our ethos defines the character of our school. It is built on our LBTS5 values which guide all of our thinking.
LBTS will embrace and enhance the LBTS5 value of achievement. We are committed to enabling students to realise their potential through the provision of great teaching and a wide range of opportunities inside and outside the classroom.
LBTS will nurture and challenge the LBTS5 value of aspiration. We want every student who leaves LBTS to have high hopes through exploring the opportunities for further study, work and leisure, both now and in the future.
LBTS will develop and teach the LBTS5 value of resilience. We will help to grow the skills and qualities our students will need to overcome the personal and academic challenges they will encounter through our LBTS5 programme and through embedding academic resilience in our teaching.
LBTS will instil and encourage the LBTS5 value of responsibility. We expect students to lead and support others and to take responsibility for their behaviour through Pastoral support, the Governors’ Award and leadership activities.
LBTS will ensure and promote the LBTS5 value of respect. We place respect at the core of LBTS because everyone is of equal value and through reporting and taking action we can and will maintain this.
OUR VISION: What LBTS will be like in 3 years time.
LBTS will continue to be the first choice for the local community because it continues to meet the needs of all its students. In order to do this we will continue to:
- Ensure students achieve through developing a distinctive LBTS teaching methodology informed by a better understanding of how students learn and the role of feedback.
- Develop the curriculum in each subject and outside the classroom so that students can meet and exceed their aspirations
- Support students develop their resilience so that they can become more confident adults who are able to study independently and can meet the wide range of personal and academic challenges that they will meet whilst at school and later in life
- Create and embrace a wide range of opportunities for our students to take responsibility in school through leadership as well as expanding our teaching of how to take responsibility in the wider community. In addition we recognise the need to continually develop our consistency towards behaviour and attendance so that students can take responsibility for these
- Enhance our support for students who need additional help through improved consultation, monitoring and action which engages parents, students and staff and in doing so ensures respect.
We will be proud when all our students leave us having transformed their life chances
3 Year Plan